Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January 4, 2006

Just got in from a run. 34:40 or so...must be about 3 miles. Gosh, it would be nice to say, "34:40, must be about 4 miles..." Oh well. Someday I'll break the 10 min mile. (I actually did do this recently, New Year's Day in fact, but it was a full mile downhill in a race...ah, gravity.)

Tonight I wore a new item: a Brooks tech vest with "Scotchbrite reflective technology"; all I know is that I looked down at one point and I was literally glowing in the dark. I "won" this vest for completing all 4 races in a series over the summer. (If you ran all 4, you got a fleece or a tech vest. I think I chose wisely).

Tonight's run was not easy at all. I'm not really sure that my decision to try to run a half marathon in May was the wisest. I might be setting myself up for failure. But I'm staying the course, at least for the moment.

Now if I can just find a new job...anyone looking for a librarian?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home