Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Vanity...speak thy name

I am a Leo. I was born at the end of July and I know I have many many traits common to leos. One of them is vanity.

Now, don't get me wrong...I don't think I am the most beautiful thing to every roam the planet or God's gift to anyone...but....

the pic I've got posted here of me and the hubby is a fabulous pic of me. And a HORRIBLE pic of him. Just awful. (DH, please note: this is why you should NOT monkey around in front of the camera for every photo...)

But I look great in it. Deceivingly thin, pretty, real smile, hair's good, outfit reads well. Even my glasses are sitting on my nose such that you can see my eyes and not just the frames. All good.

I'm getting older and old age is bearing down on me more quickly than even my own contemporaries; my body is certainly older than my head and mostly older than my numeric age. I may look good for nearly 40, but the fact is I'm not getting younger.

I'm also getting more and more vain as I get older. How can I help it? I spent half my life thinking I was fat and ugly and now...well, now I'm pretty sure that's not true! Now I'm clinging to my youth in the hopes that I will still be pretty and deceivingly thin in pix for many years.

1 Comments:

Blogger sauconRunner said...

Being a fellow Leo, I know about vanity (totally different from conceit although my English professor disagreed).

You are a beautiful person inside and out. Don't think about the past or the future, focus on who you are now. Who you are now is a wonderful, intelligent, charming, beautiful women!

May 15, 2008 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home