Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

January 9, 2006--how time flies.

Ok, so I guess I was wrong. I won't be posting everyday, as evidenced by the last few. I also didn't run all weekend, so had less incentive to post. I got my sorry butt out last night and ran 3.25. Slower than I'd hoped and I wore my forerunner, so I'm clearer on my pace (nuts), but all in all it was ok. Tough run, I was tired and sore from the get go (methinks that IKEA bookcase building on Saturday left some residual aches and pains.) But done it was.

Tonight I'm off again for a short 2 miles. Not much, but I'm gonna try to push the pace a little. Now tomorrow is the question: swim in the morning? take the day off and go for a good walk? try to get to the Y at night and maybe (gulp) try out that scary elliptical machine that I've been avoiding for the last year? Might see how I sleep and what the day brings before I make any decisions. My training needs to be jumpstarted, but I'm also being careful not to burn out before I've even begun. Seems like a good approach.

OK, I'm in my gear (stinky though it is; I need to test out the "soak in Borax" treatment tonight) and I'm off. Wish me luck, readers. (Oh the massing hoards who are my faithful readers.....)

Ciao for now,

LC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home