Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

My dinner with Patty

I had dinner with my friend Patty last night. I've only known Patty for about a year, but we just *clicked* like you do sometimes with people you meet. I'm someone who falls very hard for people, whether they are crushes or friends. If I feel like we've made a connection, well, you're sorta stuck with me. I've very loyal. Like a puppy. Or a Marine.

Anyway...I went to dinner last night with Patty. We'd made plans earlier in the week, but I'd jokingly told her yesterday, bring tissues. It's gonna be a rough one.

Dinner was lovely, I had an excellent dish of seared scallops, with ratatouille, and arugula salad and Patty had an eggplant lasagna. We shared the house made ice cream sandwiches...and ate nearly every bite. I've not been eating much this week, but finally had an appetite last night. It was very good.

Through dinner, we chatted about life, mostly mine. I started to cry. She pulled out a thick wad of tissues, seemingly an entire box-worth, and handed them over the table to me.

I really love Patty. That was a very kind thoughtful thing to do. In an earlier post, I said I worry my friends don't really like me or they aren't as close to me as me to them. I guess I should stop worrying.

I hope I can be as good a friend to Patty someday, because she was a very good friend to me last night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

I have those same worries about my friends. I'm glad Patty was such a good friend to you when you needed it. I suspect you are a much better friend than you give yourself credit for.

May 18, 2008 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home