Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back from Seattle

On my flight from Seattle the man next to me, an older man in shorts, t-shirt and ball cap, largely left me alone. I slept most of the way anyway, unsurprisingly given the hours I was keeping, but when our seatmate at the window got up to use the restroom, the older man, in the middle caught my ear. Besides some typical chit chat, my Canadian companion told me two jokes:

1) A man forgot his anniversary. His wife was upset and said if there isn't something shiny that can go from 0 to 220 in less than 10 seconds with a bow on it in the driveway in the morning, that's it, it's over. next morning, the woman goes outside and sees a box with a shiny red bow...she excitedly opens it and finds a bathroom scale.

2) Man and woman are working in their garden. The man looks over at his wife, who is weeding and says, honey, you've gained some weight, your backside is as wide as the BBQ now. The woman huffs and continues to weed, furiously. Man looks over at her and gets aroused. He says, honey, why don't we go inside? She says, if you think I'm gonna fire up the BBQ for one small weiner, you are wrong.

Apparently he thought these were appropriate to tell a strange woman on a plane.

I did laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rudy Martinez said...

That's vaudveille, baby!

1) Why is it called Virginia? No'fo'k.

2) Bangor? I just met 'er.

June 21, 2008 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home