Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

12 miles

I haven't posted in a while. Sometimes I don't know what to write and sometimes I don't want to and sometimes, I don't want to share things. Lately, it's been the latter.

However, I have been running. A lot. 20+ miles weeks, longer midweek runs, longer long runs, more time, more distance, lots of races. I've PRed my 5K and my 10K in the last 3 months and even ran my second best 5K time after running 6 miles just before the race. I feel good, I've lost a few pounds, I will go so far as to say, I think I look good.

I've learned a lot about myself in the last couple months, and I've made some changes in the way I think and act and I'm feeling better for them. I still need a lot of work.

I'm surrounding myself with people who mean the most to me, and making sure those I've known the longest get a little extra of my time. They've been here for me for years, some of them decades, I can return the favor.

I am running 12 miles today. 12 miles. This is the longest I've ever run in training and I am nervous. But I know my friends are behind me. One wished me luck as she got on her train to go home this afternoon and another told me he was running 4 in spirit with me. My coach is waiting to hear how it goes.

I'd better get going...I don't want to disappoint them.

1 Comments:

Blogger solarpowered said...

Your running, your dedication, your attitude have all been super impressive lately, Maureen. Makes me smile. :D

March 29, 2009 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home