Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Weathering the storm

Just a few moments ago, I glanced out my office window. A distant rumble perked up my ears and I saw an ominous sky outside. Just as the first raindrops fell, I realized I'd left my sunroof open...I grabbed my keys, bolted down the 4 flights of stairs and rushed to my car, to shut it before the rain really fell. As I ran back to the building, it started coming down and by the time I returned to my office, sheets of water were falling from the sky.

20 minutes later...it's over. The sky is brightening and the wind and rain and thunder has dissipated.

Sometimes life is like that storm. Things build up and turn dark and start to rage and thunder, and you feel the rain and wind coming down on you and you go rushing for shelter. That shelter might be sleep or drink or a friend's kindness or running or merely crying till you can't anymore and your heart aches and your eyes burn.

The thing is...like the storm outside my window...it does pass. It might leave things wet and grey and shaken and windblown, but it does pass.

The sky is light grey and white now and I suppose the sun with come out again eventually today.

Same holds true for life.

You just have to weather the storm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Excellent analogy on life Moe! Its not always easy or much fun to ride out the storm, but we all have to do it at times.

June 30, 2008 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home