Moe, for better or worse

This blog used to be called "one year in the life of a short fat runner"; then it was called "Am I a runner? you decide." I've decided running isn't the thing I need to talk about here...it'll come up for sure, but it's just one part of me, so I think I'll just call this blog: Moe, for better or worse.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

And so it begins...

serious training, that is.

I am running in a very big relay in September. Reach the Beach...200 miles from Cannon Mt, to Hampton Beach, NH. I will be running 12-13 miles over the course of 30 hours or so; I am tasked with 3 legs of approximately 4 miles each.

My coach sent me my training schedule today. He told me it's conservative. I actually agree. I wonder if I'll think that in 4 weeks time? We shall see. At any rate, here it is...




There was some discussion about getting me up to 25 miles a week...but at the moment, I max out at 18.5. I need see if I can work this schedule into a half marathon training for October...taht might boost my mileage up. But I'll let my coach determine that. He's been a GREAT help to me and seems to understand how and why I run. I don't know if I could do it without him. Thanks Glenn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plan looks pretty solid. 8.5's coming up quickly, but have no fear. You'll be all over it.

July 13, 2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Moe,

Looks like a great plan, not much different than a HM plan. Youll be fine. Oache is taking good care of you. He certainly has gotten you to change your opinion about running =)

July 13, 2008 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home